Suicidal Ideation Treatment in Phoenix, AZ
Many who are struggling with thoughts of suicide suffer in silence, feeling hopeless and alone. People who try to take their own life are often trying to get away from a situation that seems impossible to deal with. Suicide is the tenth leading cause of death in the US, claiming over 44,000 lives per year. Please call us immediately at 480-565-3035
if you or some you know is thinking about suicide. Suicide and suicidal behaviors usually occur in people with one or more of the following conditions:
Often, but not always, a person may show certain signs and behaviors before a suicide attempt, such as:
- Feeling hopeless or guilty; or having trouble concentrating or thinking clearly
- Giving away belongings or talking about the need “to get my affairs in order”
- Suddenly changing behavior, especially calmness after a period of anxiety
- Pulling away from friends or losing interest in activities they used to enjoy
- Self-destructive behaviors, such as heavily drinking alcohol or using illegal drugs
- Changing sleep or eating habits or suddenly having trouble at work or school
- Talking about death or suicide, or attempting to hurt themselves
- Arranging ways to take their own life (such as buying a gun or pills)
Always take suicide attempts and threats seriously.
If you or someone you know is thinking about suicide, call us at 480-565-3035. Our trained counselors are available 24/7 to offer support.